Skin & Wound Management Course - 90-day online
This course offers an evidence-based approach to wound management to help clinicians stay current with the standards of care and legally defensible at bedside. The Wound Care Education Institute® (WCEI®) provides dynamic instructors who use engaging teaching methods proven tohelp students learn better and retain new material
ONLINE COURSE AGENDA
Access this course ONLINE in the comfort of your own home. You have 90 days to complete the narrated course. The WCC®
examination can be taken at the computer testing center nearest you.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES
- Discuss how standards of care, evidence based practice, and a multidisciplinary wound care team can affect clinical choices in wound management.
- Discuss the basic anatomy and physiology of the skin.
- Identify at least 5 parameters required for accurate wound assessment.
- Identify pressure ulcer stages according to NPUAP guidelines.
- Identify 5 factors which enhance or impede the wound healing process.
- Explain 4 types of basic principles of wound bed preparation.
- Identify 3 major components of a nutritional assessment for optimizing wound healing.
- Identify 4 different categories for topical wound management.
- Select treatment options based upon wound assessment, etiology, and goal of wound care.
- Differentiate arterial, neuropathic, and venous ulcers in terms of causative factors, pathophysiology, appearance, and principles of management.
- Describe 3 factors involved in development of a pressure ulcer and interventions to prevent their occurrence.
- Describe at least 5 interventions that optimize acute surgical wound healing.
- Differentiate between wound etiologies and clinical manifestations of acute and traumatic wounds.
- Differentiate types of burns and principles of management.
- Select treatment options and differentiate wound etiologies and clinical manifestations of chronic, malignant, and inflammatory wounds.
- Discuss 3 adjunctive treatment modalities that enhance wound healing.
- Discuss current multidisciplinary care approaches to wound care.
- Discuss components required for accurate wound documentation
$2,297 Individual Rate - Use discount code HVA2297
Exclusive Access To Resources
- Self-paced learning with access to course modules for 90-days
- 22.75 continuing education contact hours upon completion
- WCEI® Skin & Wound Management course workbook
- Pre-exam certification review
- Learning aides: glossary, sample questions and more exclusive access to resource materials
- Live instructor tutoring available by appointment
Those wishing to take the Wound Care Certified (WCC®) board certification must meet the following criteria:
Active unrestricted license in one of the following professions:
– LPN / LVN
– RN, NP, PA
– OTA, OT, PT, PTA
– MD, DO, DPM
Show 2 years’ full-time or 4 years’ part-time wound care experience where wound care was a component of the job
duties in the past 5 years.
A $200 administration fee will be applied to all cancellations. WCEI® must receive notification by email, within 7 business days
of purchase, to email@example.com. The shrink-wrapped workbook must be returned unopened within 14 days of purchase to WCEI, 25828 Pastoral Drive, Plainfield, IL 60585. Refunds will only be given within the policy described above.
CONTINUING EDUCATION STATEMENTS
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #14094 for 22.75 contact hours
The Wound Care Education Institute is an approved Occupational Therapy Continuing Education Sponsor, License number 224.000140 by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation. The Skin and Wound Management Course is approved for 22.75 contact hours for occupational therapists and occupational therapy assistants. Check with your state for prior approval.
The Wound Care Education Institute is an approved Physical Therapy Continuing Education Sponsor, License number 216.00157 by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation. The Skin and Wound Management Course is approved for 22.75 contact hours for physical therapists and physical therapy assistants. Check with your state for prior approval.
This Enduring Material activity, WCEI Skin and Wound Management Course, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 22.75 Elective credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. AAFP certification begins 04/01/2017. Term of approval is for one year from this date. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity