OPTUM for your family member?
APRIL 12, 2017
Optum, a health services company, partners with UnitedHealthcare to bring specialized healthcare benefits and clinical support and expertise to skilled nursing facilities.
Why choose Optum?
- Frequent attention & communication from Optum Clinician
- Coordination and Management of resident care in the nursing facility
- Personalized care led by a highly-trained nurse practitioner or physician assistant
- Support to help enhance the quality of care in the nursing facility.
- Timely evaluation of acute change in condition
- Offers supplemental benefits that include podiatry & medical transportation
- No premium or copay for PCP and Specialist services rendered in a SNF
Key Benefits of the Program
- Skilled Nursing/Part A benefit without 3 day hospital stay
- No cap or limits for therapy if needed
- Dental Benefit ($500/year)
- Routine Podiatry (two visits per year)
- Eye Exam and Eyewear ($150 credit per year)
- Hearing Exam and Hearing Aid ($1600 credit every two years)
- Non-Emergent Transportation (12 one-way trips)
- Long-term resident of participating skilled nursing facilities
- Must be a resident for 90 days with no active discharges plan
- Cannot have End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) at time of enrollment
- Must be eligible for Medicare Part A and enrolled in Part B
- Enrollment does not affect Medicaid benefits
HVA Senior Living Alliance Members and Associate Members currently participating in OPTUM:
- St. Pauls
- Wesbury United Methodist
- Sarah Reed Senior Living
- Pleasant Ridge Manor - West
For additional information:
Contact Tom Erickson, Senior Navigator - HVA Senior Living Alliance @ 814-806-4556