Upcoming Law Seminar
APRIL 7, 2022
2022 Employment Law Seminar
- The continued effect of FMLA on the workplace.
- Elements of FMLA most likely to create difficulty for employers, and review best practices to address them.
- Mechanisms of FMLA that prevent employees from abusing of this benefit.
Pennsylvania Bureau of Labor Law Compliance Update: Mandatory Overtime, Minimum Wage Act, “8 and 80” Rule & More
- Act 102 and how this affects nonsupervisory employees’ wages & hours
- The minimum wage act and regulatory changes that include a definition of hours worked
- Act 109 of 2012 and the 8 and 80 rule, and how it affects overtime calculations
- Other updates and reminders regarding wage and hour issues, wage payment and collection issues, child labor issues, the medical fee act and more
Constant Issues in an Ever-Changing Workplace: Sexual Harassment, Employee Handbooks, and Unemployment Compensation
- What is considered sexual harassment in the workplace, and how employers can identify and react to it.
- How the rise of remote work has changed sexual harassment.
- Important provisions, common issues and updates for employee handbooks. Sample language will be provided.
- Incident investigation and documentation, and the status of the current unemployment compensation system.