2018 Long Term Care Seminar
Employer’s Guide to Workplace Sexual Harassment
- The impact to employers of the recent #metoo movement and widespread allegations of sexual harassment.
Unemployment Issues and Long-Term Care Facilities
- Common types of Unemployment Compensation (UC) issues arising from long-term care facilities.
- Sections of Law discussed will include 402(e) – discharge, 402(b) – quit, and 401(d)(1) – ability and availability for work.
Substance Abuse: Workplace Awareness & The Opioid Crisis
- Evidence linking trauma and adverse childhood experiences to opioid addiction.
- Introduce Warm Hand Off efforts being utilized at UPMC Hamot to link those to treatment who have experienced an overdose related to opioid use or any other medical intervention related to substance abuse.
The Opioid Crisis: Illegal Drug Use in the Workplace
- Development of a written drug and alcohol policy for the workplace, how to inform applicants or employees of positive test results, potential liabilities for employers, and more.
- The ADA, as it pertains to drug and alcohol abuse, will also be discussed, as well as claims for unemployment compensation benefits.
Click Here To Register