HVA Career Opportunities
Nurse Educator - Part-Time/PRN
HVA Senior Living Alliance is hiring a Part Time Nurse Educator to work primarily in Crawford County. The Candidate is also responsible for actual training and evaluation within the program.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
Nurse Aide Training:
- Check that necessary handouts, tests, forms are ready for each class
- Conduct teaching in the classroom, laboratory setting, and clinical setting
- Maintain daily attendance record for each class
- Complete “Performance Checklist” for each student
- Provide student counseling, coaching, or mentoring as the need is indicated
- Evaluate student “Course Evaluations” for changes/improvements in the program
- Conduct ongoing evaluation of the nurse aide program for ongoing quality improvement
- Prepare requirements and participate in Department of Education audits as scheduled
- Be available as a resource to inquirers, candidates, and graduates
- Maintain classrooms
- May assist with coordinating class graduation ceremony
- Collaborate with area agencies, facilities, organizations related to long-term care to assess their individual educational needs
- Assist with writing curriculum where needed.
- Teach BLS when requested.
- Additional duties as requested
- Candidate must be a Registered Nurse with at least one year experience in a long-term care facility; organization and planning experience; management experience; and experience training adults.
- Nursing experience must include meeting resident’s psychosocial, behavioral, cognitive and physical needs. This includes direct care, supervision or education.
- Must attend the Teaching-the-Education Workshop or provide dates attended
- Must possess excellent verbal communication skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- A broad base of knowledge in the nursing and health care fields is desirable.
- Knowledge of curriculum development, adult learning needs and teaching strategies is also desirable.
- Must be able sit for long periods of time and be on feet for long periods of time.
- Must be willing to travel NW PA as needed.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs and be adaptable to varying temperatures.
- Certified to teach BLS or be willing to obtain certification
Interested candidates should send Resume to email@example.com